Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Dave Connis

https://daveconnis.com/short-bio/Dave Connis writes words you can sing and words you can read. He lives in Chattanooga, TN with his wife, Clara and a dog that barks at non-existent threats.

His new novel is The Temptation of Adam.

Recently I asked Connis about what he was reading. His reply:
I've recently decided to branch my reading out from fiction because I've been on a straight diet of fiction since high school. I'm 27.

I recently finished Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance and it was phenomenal. I wanted to read it because it paints an insider picture of the people I live around and helped me understand the layers of hurt and hopelessness that I'm seeing in the houses down the street. Because of how much Hillbilly Elegy impacted me, I decided to go on a non-fiction binge.

I just finished Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat by Patricia Williams. It was heartbreaking and hopeful all at the same time. I still think about her story and how it seems the one common thing that helps people crawl out of dark places is someone holding up a light, illuminating a different path.

I'm reading H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald and it has some of the most captivating writing I've read in a long time and it's made me want to write in third person.
Visit Dave Connis's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Temptation of Adam.

--Marshal Zeringue