Thursday, August 31, 2017

Jessica Brody

Jessica Brody is the author of over fifteen novels for teens, tweens, and adults. Her new contemporary YA novel is In Some Other Life.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Brody's reply:
The Wars of the Roses by Dan Jones

About: The author of the New York Times bestseller The Plantagenets and Magna Carta chronicles the next chapter in British history—the historical backdrop for Game of Thrones

Why I Love It: So, I just got back from London where I religiously visited every Plantagenet and Tudor landmark I could find in eight days. After reading The White Queen and The White Princess by Philippa Gregory, it's safe to say, I was a little obsessed. And after I learned that the War of the Roses was the real-life inspiration for George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, I had to seek out a non-fiction account of these crazy times. The best part about this book is that Dan Jones writes it like a novel. It almost reads like Game of Thrones. It's that compelling. I'm loving it.
Visit Jessica Brody's website and blog.

--Marshal Zeringue