Sunday, October 2, 2016

Don Bruns

Don Bruns is an award-winning novelist, songwriter, musician and advertising executive who lives in South Florida.

He is the author of five Mick Sever Caribbean mysteries, and seven Lesser and Moore mysteries.

Bruns's new novel is Casting Bones, the first book in a new series.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
I’m currently writing a series set in New Orleans, with a homicide cop and voodoo practitioner who solve a murder. Who better to get me in the mood than James Lee Burke? Only the book I’m reading is not set in New Orleans but Houston, 1952. The Jealous Kind seems to wander without a strong plot, but the characters and the atmosphere are so rich, so sultry, at times so violent, that the book is hard to put down. James Lee Burke at the top of his game.
Visit Don Bruns's website.

My Book, The Movie: Casting Bones.

The Page 69 Test: Casting Bones.

--Marshal Zeringue