Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bill Crider

Bill Crider is the winner of two Anthony Awards and an Edgar Award finalist. An English college professor for many years, he’s published more than seventy-five crime, Western, and horror novels, as well as a number of children’s books.

Crider's new novel is Between the Living and the Dead, the 22nd Dan Rhodes Mystery.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
I just finished reading a big fat “flintlock fantasy” called Cold Iron. This isn’t my usual kind of reading, but I’ve known the author, Stina Leicht, for several years and I enjoyed her two earlier novels. I enjoyed this one, too. It’s the first in a trilogy, so I’ll now wait for the sequels. When I finished reading that over-600­-pages book, I read Gil Brewer’s Gun the Dame Down, which is part of a triple-­decker Brewer treat from Stark House. It’s only 60 pages long, which is more my kind of length. It’s a very hard-­boiled private-­eye novel that hits all the requisite notes. And right now I’m about halfway through Go Set a Watchman, the Harper Lee novel that’s been raising such a fuss. I’ve found a lot to like about it.
Learn more about the book and author at Bill Crider's website and blog.

Read the Page 69 Test entries for Crider's A Mammoth Murder, Murder Among the OWLS, Of All Sad Words, Murder in Four Parts, Murder in the Air, The Wild Hog Murders, Murder of a Beauty Shop Queen, Compound Murder, and Half in Love with Artful Death.

The Page 69 Test: Between the Living and the Dead.

My Book, The Movie: Between the Living and the Dead.

--Marshal Zeringue