Monday, June 16, 2014

Chevy Stevens

Chevy Stevens is the author of Still Missing and Never Knowing.

Her new novel is That Night.

Recently I asked Stevens about what she was reading. Her reply:
I hadn’t been reading much this year, which was bothering me. But by the time I’m done writing all day, I just want to watch TV in the evenings. In April I went to Mexico with my husband, loaded with books, but once we got there I found my mind still didn’t want to read anything serious. I ended up reading Tina Fey’s memoir and dipping into a few others, but I nothing was grabbing me. I missed that feeling of being completely absorbed in a story. A month ago someone suggested Elizabeth Berg to me, so I tried one of her books, Talk Before Sleep, and loved it. Her use of language and descriptions, the way she captures relationships and emotions is just amazing. Since then I’ve read a few of her books: The Year of Pleasures, Open House, and We Are All Welcome Here. It’s been wonderful to discover an author who has been around so long as I have many books I can read! I also really appreciate how she takes time in her books to notice what really matters, love, friendships, savoring life. I don’t just enjoy her books, they also make me reevaluate my own lifestyle, and remember what is important.
Visit the official Chevy Stevens website.

My Book, The Movie: Still Missing.

The Page 69 Test: That Night.

--Marshal Zeringue