Friday, December 6, 2013

Gerry Bartlett

Gerry Bartlett is the author of the Real Vampires series. Real Vampires Know Size Matters, the tenth book in the series, is now out in bookstores.

Recently I asked the author about what she has been reading. Bartlett's reply:
I’ve been reading some great Young Adult series lately but I’m also still a fan of mysteries. John Sandford is my go-to favorite mystery author. He never disappoints me and his latest Virgil Flowers novel was no exception. I loved Storm Front. The added element of a relationship for Virgil with fascinating female character Ma made me laugh out loud. The mystery of a stolen artifact from the Middle East gave the book a nice change of pace from a typical Sandford tale.

I’m currently reading Patricia Cornwell’s Dust but haven’t finished it yet. I’m a sucker for a Kay Scarpetta book.

As for the Young Adult books? My favorite this year was The Paladin Prophecy. Written by Mark Frost who was the co-creator of Twin Peaks, the TV series, this book blew me away. Will West, the hero, is being chased by men in black sedans and runs to an exclusive school when his parents disappear. There he finds out he has special abilities. Such a clever book and it has all the mystery, action and suspense that made this book a page turner. I can’t wait for the sequel.
Learn more about the Real Vampires series at Gerry Bartlett's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Real Vampires Have More to Love.

Coffee with a Canine: Gerry Bartlett and Jet (September 2011).

The Page 69 Test: Real Vampires Know Hips Happen.

The Page 69 Test: Real Vampires Know Size Matters.

--Marshal Zeringue