Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gail Oust

The author of the Bunco Babes mystery series, Gail Oust is often accused of flunking retirement. Hearing the words "maybe it's a dead body" while golfing fired her imagination for writing a cozy. Ever since then, she has spent more time on a computer than at a golf course.

Oust's new novel is Rosemary and Crime.

Not so long ago I asked the author about what she was reading. Oust's reply:
Any time someone rattles off a title and tells me it’s the best book they’ve ever read, I’m curious. An avid reader I met recently told me about The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. The premise of a four year old child abandoned on a ship bound for Australia intrigued me. The novel was a gracefully layered tale told from multiple points of view and with multiple locales and time periods. It was a woman’s search for identity. I was particularly interested in the journey since, I am the mother of two grown children who are adopted.

After reading The Forgotten Garden, I was in the mood for a change of pace. I’m currently enjoying James Patterson and Maxine Paetro’s, Private: #1 Suspect. The plot is twisty, the characters interesting, and the short chapters make for a quick and easy read especially with less time with the holidays rapidly approaching.
Visit Gail Oust's website.

My Book, The Movie: Rosemary and Crime.

--Marshal Zeringue