Friday, February 19, 2010

Kristina Springer

Kristina Springer has a Bachelor of Arts in English Education from Illinois State University and a Master of Arts in Writing from DePaul University.

The Espressologist, her first novel, was published by Farrar, Straus, and Giroux in the fall of 2009.

Last week I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
I really like chick lit type of books-- both young adult and adult so I tend to grab material in that area- light, fun, romance. Right now I'm re-reading Kristin Walker's A Match Made in High School. I read it in ARC format a year or so ago and it was laugh-out loud funny so now that's it's been recently released I was excited to read it again. It's a super cute story about a teenager named Fiona who is forced to partake in a marriage project with a guy who is so totally and completely opposite from her. It's hysterical and everyone needs a good laugh!

I'm also listening to the third Queen of Babble audiobook by Meg Cabot--Queen of Babble Gets Hitched. I like to listen to books in the gym and Meg's are perfect! It's like chatting with a girlfriend. And her main character in this series, Lizzie Nichols, is addictive. I picked up the first Queen of Babble book on a fluke and I had to get the rest right away.
Learn more about Kristina Springer and her books at her website and blog, and become a Facebook fan of The Espressologist.

--Marshal Zeringue