Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jonathan Santlofer

Jonathan Santlofer is a highly respected artist whose work has been written about and reviewed in the New York Times, Art in America, Artforum, and Arts, and appears in many public, private, and corporate collections such as Chase Manhattan Bank and the Art Institute of Chicago. He serves on the board of Yaddo, one of the oldest artist communities in the country.

His books are Color Blind, The Death Artist, The Killing Art, and Anatomy of Fear.

Yesterday I asked him what he was reading. His reply:
I'm in the midst of finishing my sequel to Anatomy of Fear, which means I am crazed and reading a bit less than usual, but let's see...

In the new book Nate is investigating a case that involves human experimentation so I have been reading all sorts of related material, like Andrew Goliszek's In the Name of Science, and three books by Jonathan Moreno, Director of the Center for Bio-medical Ethics at the University of Virginia, most recently Is There an Ethicist in the House? -- all really fascinating and terrifying stuff.

Also, more of Paul Ekman's face reading books, Emotions Revealed.

In between, I read Malcolm Gladwell's Blink, which is tons of fun, and for diversion I just finished Megan Abbott's Queenpin, an over the top and hilarious noir homage.

Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policemen's Union is sitting on my night table staring at me and that's up next. Once I finish the book I'll tackle that and more!
Visit Santlofer's official website, and read his take on Anatomy of Fear and the Page 99 and Page 69 Tests.

Watch the Anatomy of Fear video.

--Marshal Zeringue